Saturday, January 05, 2008

The obsession

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Is something that resembles the human consciousness in a very superficial and maybe primitive way, worth dedicating a lifetime? When i keep hitting the F5 button 10 times within 20 mins on one single page, is it plain addiction or is it the dire desperation to just listen to what someone has to say one some topic under the sun? The malayalam phrase "akkare pacha" has a whole new meaning to me. When I'm talking to someone, i just wanna storm out and be alone. When I'm alone its back to the key F5. To quote Mr. Bing "One of life's greeeaat unanswerable questions!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the spam bots are getting better. =))

PS: regarding the post, this is exactly how I feel too.

When I am alone, I agonize and think about how my lack of people skills might affect my career.

And after a conversation with a colleague ("networking"), I despise myself for having wasted that time in that stupid conversation; time which I could have spent reading or doing some productive knowledge enhancement.

Sometimes, I feel as if I am not a part of this world. I feel artificial and fake when I go and initiate a conversation with someone whom I have nothing in common with.

Sometimes, I wonder how other people are able to get along with each other, even though I don't see them having long conversations or exchanging ideas.

I wish I could find an area of work where ideas matter more than just people skills, since I have perfectly good communication skills, but just don't go out and talk to people.

A lot of questions and musings, but when will I realize the answer?